– The '73 is a single fin styled on an original 70’s design and tweaked for a wide variety of surf.
– The outline features a fuller template and a winged pintail to produce exceptional planing in smaller, softer waves, ease of turning, and improved control in larger and more powerful waves
- The single into double concave gives the ’73 a squirt and acceleration thru turns that is rare for single fin. The concave also provides improved holding thru more critical turns and on steeper faces that allows a more dynamic approach to the wave if that’s what you’re chasing.
– The low soft rails reduce drag, to provide a smooth glide feeling in all types of waves and provide added penetration and control on larger and steeper faces.
– A classic single fin style, low rocker produces surprising paddle power, and a smooth glide in both softer and more powerful waves.
– The carefully balanced volume is designed to produce ample paddle power, excellent planing in softer waves and still offer dependable control in larger waves.
– The 73 is standard with a 10" adjustable single finbox. Side boxes can be added as an option
– This surprisingly versatile single fin, is a board that surfs exceptionally well in smaller and softer style waves, and yet will style produce smooth solid carves on larger, more powerful waves.
He absolutely luv's it, goes like a rocket, turns well and suits his style and, super easy to get into waves he reckons. Thanks again for shaping it for him.
WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED!
When you're buying a custom Jim Banks Surfboard, we are going to draw on Jim's 45 years of experience to make sure that you're going to get the best board for you. We'll make sure that we understand what you've been riding, and what your new one needs to do, and as a result, ensure that your new one is going to be exactly what you need.
Jim says that at times when he initially gets an order for a custom board, sometimes some of the finer details might not be totally clear, but when he comes to build the board, these things suddenly become plainly clear. This is the sort of intuitive knowing only comes from four decades of building surfboards for people, and this is the sort of knowing that enables Jim to get it just right for customers time after time.
You know that feeling when you pick up a seriously good chef's knife or step into a really nice car? There's that impossible to ignore feeling of excellence. The sort of quality that's tricky to put into words, yet is as plainly obvious as the light of day.
Jim's boards have the same feeling. When you take off and feel the board cutting thru the water, there it is, that feeling.
The feeling that you're riding something very special...
Jim's surfing at Cronulla's Shark Island, Hawaii's Pipeline and Sunset Beach in the 70's was revolutionary. When Jim won the Sunset Pro Class Trials at Hawaii's Sunset Beach in 1979, head judge Jack Shipley claimed that Jim's surfing had rewritten the book on backhand surfing.
And then, when he turned his back on pro surfing and returned to pioneering many of Indonesia’s now world famous waves, he did all of it on boards that he shaped himself. So when you buy a Jim Banks board, you're not just buying any old surfboard, you're buying a piece of surfing's history.