– A board with extra drive and planing for surfing more aggressively in smaller waves
– The outline features a fuller template for better planing and manoeuvrability in small waves
– A single concave provides lots of drive for surfing powerfully.
– A medium soft rails allows easy setting up of manoeuvres and quick adjustments
– A lower rocker produces quick acceleration and improved planing in all types of waves.
– Can be ridden as a thruster or quad, comes standard with 5 FCS or Futures boxes
– The volume is balanced to keep the board right where you need it… under your feet!
– The Bigfoot is a perfect board for the surfer looking to surf more aggressively in smaller waves on a shorter board.
That board I got from you is amazing – it’s like a formula 1 car compared to my old board – I’m still getting the hang of it. Cheers!
Hey Jim - Possibly the most beautiful board I’ve ever had. Thanks heaps!
WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED!
When you're buying a custom Jim Banks Surfboard, we are going to draw on Jim's 45 years of experience to make sure that you're going to get the best board for you. We'll make sure that we understand what you've been riding, and what your new one needs to do, and as a result, ensure that your new one is going to be exactly what you need.
Jim says that at times when he initially gets an order for a custom board, sometimes some of the finer details might not be totally clear, but when he comes to build the board, these things suddenly become plainly clear. This is the sort of intuitive knowing only comes from four decades of building surfboards for people, and this is the sort of knowing that enables Jim to get it just right for customers time after time.
You know that feeling when you pick up a seriously good chef's knife or step into a really nice car? There's that impossible to ignore feeling of excellence. The sort of quality that's tricky to put into words, yet is as plainly obvious as the light of day.
Jim's boards have the same feeling. When you take off and feel the board cutting thru the water, there it is, that feeling.
The feeling that you're riding something very special...
Jim's surfing at Cronulla's Shark Island, Hawaii's Pipeline and Sunset Beach in the 70's was revolutionary. When Jim won the Sunset Pro Class Trials at Hawaii's Sunset Beach in 1979, head judge Jack Shipley claimed that Jim's surfing had rewritten the book on backhand surfing.
And then, when he turned his back on pro surfing and returned to pioneering many of Indonesia’s now world famous waves, he did all of it on boards that he shaped himself. So when you buy a Jim Banks board, you're not just buying any old surfboard, you're buying a piece of surfing's history.