– The Eric is designed as an all round, easy to surf board for a wide variety of conditions.
– The outline features a slightly fuller, balanced template to handle a wide variety of conditions.
– A medium single into double concave provides just the right balance of spark and control
– The medium soft rail creates a very forgiving board, that allows easy setting up of manoeuvres.
– A smooth, medium rocker provides easy planing and ample speed and drive
– The volume is balanced to keep the board right where you need it… under your feet!
– Can be ridden as a thruster or quad, comes standard with 5 FCS or Futures boxes
– The Eric is a very easy going board that tends to feel just right every time, regardless off the waves.
I just want to thank you once again for shaping me a great board - it makes such a difference. I had trouble getting it back off one of my mates after he rode it! Gerard
Jb. Can you please write down exactly what you did with the Eric. This is really serious that you do make these notes!! I've now surfed it twice and I don't think I have surfed with this feeling that the board is providing!!! Hugo
WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED!
When you're buying a custom Jim Banks Surfboard, we are going to draw on Jim's 45 years of experience to make sure that you're going to get the best board for you. We'll make sure that we understand what you've been riding, and what your new one needs to do, and as a result, ensure that your new one is going to be exactly what you need.
Jim says that at times when he initially gets an order for a custom board, sometimes some of the finer details might not be totally clear, but when he comes to build the board, these things suddenly become plainly clear. This is the sort of intuitive knowing only comes from four decades of building surfboards for people, and this is the sort of knowing that enables Jim to get it just right for customers time after time.
You know that feeling when you pick up a seriously good chef's knife or step into a really nice car? There's that impossible to ignore feeling of excellence. The sort of quality that's tricky to put into words, yet is as plainly obvious as the light of day.
Jim's boards have the same feeling. When you take off and feel the board cutting thru the water, there it is, that feeling.
The feeling that you're riding something very special...
Jim's surfing at Cronulla's Shark Island, Hawaii's Pipeline and Sunset Beach in the 70's was revolutionary. When Jim won the Sunset Pro Class Trials at Hawaii's Sunset Beach in 1979, head judge Jack Shipley claimed that Jim's surfing had rewritten the book on backhand surfing.
And then, when he turned his back on pro surfing and returned to pioneering many of Indonesia’s now world famous waves, he did all of it on boards that he shaped himself. So when you buy a Jim Banks board, you're not just buying any old surfboard, you're buying a piece of surfing's history.