– A board designed for fast, hollow and powerful waves with faces up to 10’.
– The latest versions feature a slightly pulled in tail template to provide better control at higher speeds
– A medium single into double concave produces the amount of drive and control needed for faster, hollower waves, but still provides a nice lift and spark in softer waves .
– A lower soft rails minimises drag and also allows better penetration of the rail at speed so that the board will hold through high speed turns without catching or sticking.
– A very smooth, rocker is set up to produce lots of drive and acceleration. Recent improvements include slightly more nose lift than previous models.
– The volume is carefully tucked away to give you extra paddle power for more powerful waves, but set up so that the board still feels sleek and racy under your arm and under your feet.
– We highly recommend surfing these as quads but they come standard with 5 FCS or Futures boxes
– The Indo Rocketallows you to surf faster, hollower and more powerful waves with confidence. And even though it’s designed for high speed waves and barrels, the advanced curves and ease of manoeuvrability, make this a surprisingly fun to surf board even when the waves are slower.
I finally rode the 6'6" you made me and I fell in love again... riding it was bliss - Chad
I was out yesterday at solid low tide Rotto and my 6'4 Indo Rocket went so great Id thought Id let you know. Nothing has had a bigger impact on my surfing than your magical boards! The select band of Banks affcionados all recognise each other too and we have quiet chats out the back beyond the crowd - Dave
WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED!
When you're buying a custom Jim Banks Surfboard, we are going to draw on Jim's 45 years of experience to make sure that you're going to get the best board for you. We'll make sure that we understand what you've been riding, and what your new one needs to do, and as a result, ensure that your new one is going to be exactly what you need.
Jim says that at times when he initially gets an order for a custom board, sometimes some of the finer details might not be totally clear, but when he comes to build the board, these things suddenly become plainly clear. This is the sort of intuitive knowing only comes from four decades of building surfboards for people, and this is the sort of knowing that enables Jim to get it just right for customers time after time.
You know that feeling when you pick up a seriously good chef's knife or step into a really nice car? There's that impossible to ignore feeling of excellence. The sort of quality that's tricky to put into words, yet is as plainly obvious as the light of day.
Jim's boards have the same feeling. When you take off and feel the board cutting thru the water, there it is, that feeling.
The feeling that you're riding something very special...
Jim's surfing at Cronulla's Shark Island, Hawaii's Pipeline and Sunset Beach in the 70's was revolutionary. When Jim won the Sunset Pro Class Trials at Hawaii's Sunset Beach in 1979, head judge Jack Shipley claimed that Jim's surfing had rewritten the book on backhand surfing.
And then, when he turned his back on pro surfing and returned to pioneering many of Indonesia’s now world famous waves, he did all of it on boards that he shaped himself. So when you buy a Jim Banks board, you're not just buying any old surfboard, you're buying a piece of surfing's history.