– The Hit the Road boards are designed for larger, more powerful waves, with faces from 10’ to 30’.
– The outline features highly refined curves and a slightly pulled in tail template to provide better control at higher speeds
– The light single into double concave has been carefully developed to give you just the right amount of drive and control in larger, more powerful waves.
– A lower soft rails minimises drag, allowing higher speeds and better penetration of the rail at speed, so that the board will hold through high speed turns without catching or sticking.
– A very smooth, even rocker is set up to produce lots of drive and acceleration out the tail, so that you have all the power you need to easily cover the distances on larger faces.
– The volume is there to give you the extra paddle power you need for larger, more powerful waves, but set up so that the board still feels sleek and racy under your arm and under your feet.
– We strongly recommend surfing these as quads, but they are standard with 5 FCS or Futures boxes
– The Hit the Road is a highly developed, reliable design with a very long history behind it that you can depend on to handle pretty much anything the ocean throws at you
Surfs AMAZING! I'd have to say one those "magic" boards for me - stoked - couldn't sleep I was that pumped!
Don't usually surf a semi gun at this place but could not resist the call of a new board. The board you shaped me went extremely well in everything from point break to 5ft beach breaks the bigger the wave the better it went. Having said that it turns surprisingly easy was positive and confidence inspiring especially on the steeper punchier waves. …if I can be bother to surf them after riding my new Jim banks 7'6"
WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED!
When you're buying a custom Jim Banks Surfboard, we are going to draw on Jim's 45 years of experience to make sure that you're going to get the best board for you. We'll make sure that we understand what you've been riding, and what your new one needs to do, and as a result, ensure that your new one is going to be exactly what you need.
Jim says that at times when he initially gets an order for a custom board, sometimes some of the finer details might not be totally clear, but when he comes to build the board, these things suddenly become plainly clear. This is the sort of intuitive knowing only comes from four decades of building surfboards for people, and this is the sort of knowing that enables Jim to get it just right for customers time after time.
You know that feeling when you pick up a seriously good chef's knife or step into a really nice car? There's that impossible to ignore feeling of excellence. The sort of quality that's tricky to put into words, yet is as plainly obvious as the light of day.
Jim's boards have the same feeling. When you take off and feel the board cutting thru the water, there it is, that feeling.
The feeling that you're riding something very special...
Jim's surfing at Cronulla's Shark Island, Hawaii's Pipeline and Sunset Beach in the 70's was revolutionary. When Jim won the Sunset Pro Class Trials at Hawaii's Sunset Beach in 1979, head judge Jack Shipley claimed that Jim's surfing had rewritten the book on backhand surfing.
And then, when he turned his back on pro surfing and returned to pioneering many of Indonesia’s now world famous waves, he did all of it on boards that he shaped himself. So when you buy a Jim Banks board, you're not just buying any old surfboard, you're buying a piece of surfing's history.